The folks over at ‘ishouldbemopping.com‘ put together this incredibly easy and yummy appetizer recipe that is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving spread! We just had to share it!
This is a great dish to just put out for family and friends while they are chatting it up, sharing some laughs and drinks of course! ?
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely minced onions
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, minced
- 1 box stuffing mix (unprepared) (can substitute 2 1/2-3 cups leftover prepared stuffing)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Swanson 100% Natural Chicken Broth (if using leftover stuffing, reduce amount to 1/4-1/2 cup, adding more, as needed)
Cranberry Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce (or 1 1/2 cups leftover cranberry sauce)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- pinch of Kosher salt
DirectionsBrown sausage in large skillet over medium heat. Add seasonings and cook until pink is gone. Add onions and celery to skillet and continue to cook until vegetables are soft and onions are clear. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.Add cheese, cranberries, and stuffing to sausage and stir. Stir in eggs and Swanson 100% Natural Chicken Broth and make sure entire mixture is completely combined.Using a cookie scooper, scoop out heaping balls of mixture (and slightly use palm to press mixture into scoop to make sure it sticks together well). Place balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. If any of the mixture falls off of one, just press it back into place. Continue with entire batch of mixture (I place about 24 sausage and stuffing balls onto one standard cookie sheet).Bake in a preheated 375º oven for 15-18 minutes, until tops begin to brown.While sausage balls are baking, prepare Cranberry Dipping Sauce. Combine cranberry sauce, orange juice and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until thinned out a bit and completely combined. Transfer to a serving dish.Makes 36-48 Sausage and Stuffing Balls, depending on the sizes you create.